This was going to be a post about my quilt. This may sound extremely boring to some people, but I thought he (yes, he) needed a grand sendoff. But alas, I cannot say goodbye to greenie, I will be cutting him into smaller pieces that can come with me wherever I may go. He will still lay beneath my face at night as well as on my feet, these will now be 2 separate pieces, but they will do the job. Greenie will be turning 18 in may - a celebration of his life is pending.
While preparing for the goodbye bonfire my mom had planned for greenie, I decided to make a few new quilts this month. I made one for Josh and am starting one for Erik to replace the one the despicable human being stole out of the washing machine at the Laundromat a few weeks ago. This has given me quality time with my mom which I treasure since we rarely get to spend time together - she is usually spending it with my kids. Since it has been so long since I have made a quilt, she tried to give me a refresher which included a lot of heavy sighs, eye rolling, and a few terms that rhyme with stitch. She also tried to teach me the ancient secrets of quilting in an afternoon but gave up when I laughed at her loopidy loo and daisy dips. Those are actual quilting terms, and to make fun of them is sacrilege.
On a "hilarious only to me" note, I had to take a picture of Sammy's special Holiday sleep spot. He has knocked the baby Jesus from my nativity and replaced it with himself. Apparently he feels at home being watched over by angels. Normally I would have just kept this to myself, but something magical happened. I had carefully and lovingly put the nativity away, but when I woke up this morning I found the nativity back on the table and laying next to baby Jesus was a big Sammy puke. I don't have a picture of it but I am writing about to insure that every person I know feels too disgusted to ever eat at my house again.

3 comments:
Pretty funny. The cat, not the quilt. Did you really make that quilt by yourself? Did you quilt it? I need to see it, I don't believe it. Do you think your mom will teach me? Without the sighs and eye rolling though? I can't take criticism.
see kelly, now everyone thinks i was a quilting nazi. just for everyone's information: i did not roll my eyes and there was sighing whatsoever. 'sigh'
and the stitch rhymes were yours not mine don't know what a loopy loo or daisy dip is either but it sounds like characters from the dukes of hazzard
I am impressed by all people who quilt. I don't know how I earned my Young Women's medallion without knowing how to quilt (not to mention we have made 3 quilts while I have been serving in YW and I still don't know).
Post a Comment