Monday, January 26, 2009


We had what Claire would call a "fantastic" weekend. Luckily, I captured it all on film. Oh wait . . . I didn't capture any of it on film, well maybe one. I put my camera in my purse and promised myself that I would do it for the children, but once again I only cared about myself. A picture is really only worth one word, and that word is panties.
We took the kids out of school on Friday and headed to the big city. Now, I could venture off right now and explain to you how I am one step away from jail because my kids have missed more than 5 days of school, but I will continue on with my story. I got tickets to the Draper Temple open house a while ago, so we all took the day off to check it out. Let's just make a long story short. My kids were very excited about 2 things: The shuttle ride to and from the temple and the chandeliers inside the temple. I watched as other parents took time to explain things to their kids as they slowly walked through - but that wasn't really "our thing." They wanted to move fast and they wanted to see the next chandelier. They were pretty excited to see the inside - and it was beautiful. It was pretty small compared to other temples, but it was neat to see how they could still fit everything in to a more compact space.
I brought my camera expecting to take some great photos, but as soon as we stepped off the shuttle we went right into a long tented hallway. When we came out we were in the temple. I suppose this was meant to accommodate the long lines of people waiting to get in, but we came during an "off" time, so it was kind of weird. My plan was to take a picture before we got back on the shuttle, but when we came out of the exit tented hallway, we were a block away at a meetinghouse. It was like a time warp.
Feeling frustrated I decided to take a picture sometime before we got back in the car. Luckily, some other temple-goers with an awesome license plate were parked near us. The kids were laughing hysterically so this will be the photo that will always remind us of the Draper Temple.
We spent the rest of the weekend swimming, going to the movies and spending time with Paris Hilton, I mean Randi, on her birthday. I heard some teenagers at the mall saying "Juicy" a lot, so maybe I will describe this weekend as "Juicy." If that is some kind of disgusting or sexual term please tell me so that I can remove it immediately.

7 comments:

Randi said...

In the words of Steffanie Tanner "HOW RUDE".

Shauntel said...

You really are rude. But I have my own reasons, not that you called Randi Paris Hilton. I don't get it, but I still like it. When are you weighing in? I'm scared this week. Wait, I'm mad at you and I don't care what you're doing. I hope you gain.

Rass said...

what did I do? I can't help it if I rock you everytime I see you. You shouldn't be so insecure.

Brandi and Shawn said...

OK I want to know what temple goer had the license plate "PANTIES". I hope you waited to see who got in that car and took their picture.

Sarah said...

So I totally thought that you got tickets to the Diaper Temple when I first read it. Now I wish you had gotten tickets to the Diaper Temple, but then the "panties" plate wouldn't be as funny because one would expect to see that sort of thing outside a store called the Diaper Temple. I just can't picture Randi being a Paris Hilton. Does she have a BeDazzled phone? A tiny dog with a studded collar in a purse? Large sunglasses with a tiny nose?

suzy said...

You are gross. You don't know what "juicy" means? Ask Joey.

erikrass said...

ya if anyone knows what the "kiddies" of up to its joey.