Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


Really? Happy Thanksgiving? That is by far the worst title I have ever come up with, but I really want everyone to have a happy Thanksgiving.

I have a had a horrible week plagued with barfing, more barfing, stolen quilt, 10 stolen pumpkins, home alone with the kids for 2 days, I could go on. I feel like a new leaf has been turned over today and I am planning on having a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving week. The sickness has reached every member of the family now except Claire, but I am feeling optimistic. I would like to publicly apologize to Brandi for missing church yesterday and leaving her high and dry. I literally could not move and Erik had taken the kids far, far away so he was no help to me. I will make you a steak or something.



Erik got to go hunting and actually shot a 4 point deer reluctantly I think. He had some men taunting him . . . shoot shoot shoot. So he did and we will be enjoying deer sausage in the months to come.

Anyway, I love Thanksgiving so much and I have been put in charge of the potatoes, which is a big responsibility . Luckily I have the pioneer woman to help me out. If anyone wants to see some SERIOUS mashed potatoes go to her website: www.thepioneerwoman.com - she likes cream cheese as much as I do. I love having family and food extravaganza's.

After Thanksgiving the girls get to go on a mini-vacation to a five star resort somewhere in Utah. I will give details on that later just to make you feel bad. Hopefully I will win some money before I leave, otherwise it may not be such a great trip.

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

suzy said...

Win some money?? How are you going to do that? I want to be included. Why don't you want to share a room with me? I don't wet the bed anymore. Not very often at least. And never at sleep overs.

Joey said...

better title: i has turkey?

i.e. because, like cats, president bush can't spell. right?