Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This one was difficult



I'm not great at taking pictures of things I'm going to blog about (especially when my head is in the garbage can) but I can usually find something that fits online. I just want you to know how difficult it was to find a picture of someone making vinegar taffy. Why? Because the internet is mucked up with pictures of cats named "Taffy." There are a lot of freakin' cats named Taffy.



Why am I rambling on about taffy? Well, last night at enrichment, Jane, the taffy queen came to do a demonstration. (This is not a picture of Jane by the way. She wouldn't be caught dead in those pants.) I missed it because I was doing my own demonstration , but after it was over people were talking about it: "oooohhhhh - let's make taffy." or "mmmmm . . . let's make taffy." Well - I let them know that I have had a few private demonstrations from the taffy queen and CANNOT MAKE THIS DAMN TAFFY. It is the most impossible thing I have ever tried to make, and sadly, it is also my favorite. So every year I say a little prayer and hope that she will remember how much I like it and get it to me. She always comes through, and last night she left me a bag of the finished product. (Honestly I don't know who it was for but I took the whole thing home.) I was so sick by this morning that I decided to throw it out.



Guess what? by 10:30 I was eating it out of the garbage. It was still in a ziplock bag, but it was in the garbage. After a few minutes of this, I pulled myself away, grabbed a glass of water and poured it in the bag so I would no longer be tempted. Then I took the bag to the OUTSIDE garbage can so that the humiliation I might feel from neighbors watching me would finally stop me. Luckily garbage day is tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rosalyn said...

I am still going to be in town for Thanksgiving. Lets definitely meet up for lunch. Are you going to be making taffy???? Friday works for me or else Saturday. I have to be in Spanish Fork by 5:00 on Saturday. Let me know. It will be fun!!

suzy said...

Me can haz cheezburger?? Taffy