Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Christmas Miracle


Erik and I have been married for almost 9 years now and there is one thing that has bothered me more than anything in those years. He dislikes Christmas and therefore refuses to participate in most related activities. HOWEVER, I am happy to announce that after 9 long years, he was up on the ladder this morning hanging Christmas lights for the first time in his life! It doesn't bother me that there is only one strand hanging, or that they are not very straight. He was a little annoyed when I made him go look closely at the neighbors lights, but I am going to stop nagging him and see how long it takes him to finish. I am hoping by Saturday, but the chances are slim. Just another milestone I decided to share with you, my closest friends. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Shauntel said...

Last year Mort brought his man lift over. Ryan won't get on a ladder or the roof. That was the first year we had lights up! I asked if we could do it that way again so if Mort brings it I get lights. That's the only way. I'm jealous you have yours up already.

Elisa said...

We do the New England candle in the window thing...but we both have a New England connection so we are happy with it. Although I don't want to mess with lights, I love when other people do. I love to drive around and look.

I have to defend my big brother on the Christmas issue. He is not against celebration, and family...he loves Thanksgiving for example. It's just the gifts that make him crazy, the commercial, Santa, stress and rush of the gift giving and over the top decorating that he hates. He isn't scrooge.

Danny K. said...

I think I can pinpoint to the day that Erik became disillusioned. One summer day we were playing in his basement in elementary school and found a stash of Christmas presents that were never handed out. I think his parents just forget where they hid them. I thought it was awesome though, it was like Christmas in July. These toys were old by the way, I'm talkin like 4-year-old Star Wars action figures. It's also entirely possible this was a dream I had. You will have to check with Erik.