Friday, November 21, 2008

What The Nuts!!!!!



I spent 2 hours this afternoon doing something strange. Solving a crime. Here's the story.

Monday - 11:00 am: I head to the laundromat to wash some blankets that are too large for my washing machine. One of the blankets is covered in Josh's vomit from a rough night.

5:00 pm: I forgot about said blankets for a few hours, so I finally sent Erik to get them. When he arrives one of them is missing. Not the junky one or the cheap one, THE BEST ONE. THE ONE I MADE WITH MY OWN TWO HANDS SO MY HUSBAND WOULD HAVE HIS VERY OWN WARM SNUGLY BLANKET!!!!! That is when I ask, "What the nuts?"

I finally went down to the Laundromat and sat through 2 hours of surveillance video. Finally, when I thought I might be losing my mind, a guy walks over to my washer, looks around, takes my blanket out, sizes it up and puts it back in the washer. He takes a walk outside to look around, comes back in and takes my wet blanket and heads to his car, which unfortunately is off camera. A few minutes later he returns to have a smoke and then to fold his own laundry. What a jackass. The guy looks like he is 50 years old, is wearing normal clothes and is probably someone's dad.

I had some thoughts this week about the quilt. I was hoping that whoever took it needed it more than I did. I was hoping it was keeping some kids warm or an old lady from freezing. I give NO slack to adult males who drive nice trucks (according to an eyewitness) and have money to buy cigarettes. I had no idea how bad quilt theft had gotten in this country.

Just a message to the quilt thief - when I see you again I will wait for you to take your smoke break and I will take all of your clothes and throw them in the dumpster outside the Laundromat so that the nice man living inside will have clean clothes to wear. PS - I do not want my quilt back because I find you disgusting.

3 comments:

Encore Dance said...

What the nuts! That's crap! He is disqusting!!

suzy said...

That is so sad. All that hard work and now it's gone. I do think it is hilarious that you investigated it. Who was your eyewitness? Angela?

Elisa said...

That stinks, I can't believe people have the audacity to do something like that.

You must have made a great blanket for it to be so desirable.