
(I was trying to remember what year this photo was taken, and I am thinking 1991. Rico Suave was a big hit that year so I thought it would make a good title - that is the title explanation.)
Ghost and Pretty Woman were the top movies that year, The gulf war had just begun, Rodney King got the crap kicked out of him, and we got this weird picture taken at a dance I don't remember. What a year. Of course it could just have easily been 1990 . . .
2008 - I went to a baby shower for my friend Aimee on Saturday and had a GREAT time. I haven't seen her in about 2 years - and I've never seen her pregnant - so it was a fun day. I got to go to Helene's for the first time and see all the amazing things her husband can do.( In his defense, Erik did put a light in on Friday night.) We had the usual 3 in attendance, as well as a special 4th -Amber. She actually lives in my town but I haven't seen her for a while. We were missing a few who I haven't seen in a while (Sara & Carolyn) but hopefully we will all wind up in the same room someday.
We talked for a few hours, laughed about hilarious things from our past and present, and it made me realize something. It isn't very often that a group of people can sit around and talk about old times without someone being in the dark because they weren't a part of it. It is so great that even though there were only a few of us there, we could all laugh at the same stories. I miss my old friends and hope that we can get together again soon. I am feeling very nostalgic tonight and I look back at those silly girls in the photo and am amazed that we are all mothers and wives now.
PS - they all weigh exactly same as they did when this picture was taken except me - but I won't hold it against them.

7 comments:
Pretty sure you cut 2 people out of that picture....oops!
Hey Kelly,
I wasn't in the picture so I couldn't make it to the shower.
Sorry I couldn't make it. Ivan was on call so I couldn't leave. My usual weekend babysitter (Jane) was too busy hanging out with her BFF's Patty and Judy.
I am glad you had fun. I will try and make it to the next event whatever that may be... You should have a Christmas party (or not)
The shower was fun. When I left I felt the same way you did. It was so nice to relax and chat with everyone. We don't do it enough. There is something that is bothering me though. Why the heck did you post that old picture?:) I remember what year it was. I think I went to that dance with Jason Guymon. That's all I'll say about that.
Can I change my old comment? I started looking a little closer at that picture. It was our 9th grade year. I had a pretty pink taffeta dress for our 8th grade year. :) I did think this dress was pretty though. Ha, ha, ha. Can you believe my mom paid money for that ugly thing?
So don't worry. I won't close any of my parties until the next weekend so you'll still be able to spend obscene amounts of money on fake bling and nausea inducing scents. But maybe you'll get a cute bag out of it.
Is Aimee having a baby? I guess when you live out of state you don't get updates on people very often. Nice picture by the way.
Thanks for the inclusion in the "few who were missing" file... I don't think we were friends in 9th grade, though. Your blog makes me laugh. I like how you can blog about things other than your kids. I don't live a life too far outside of diapers, constant teasing, and boy smells.
Post a Comment