Friday, November 30, 2007

Culturefull


We got quite the dose of culture today at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We went way too late because we can't say no to the kids' overwhelming desire to swim. When we got there we were very rushed - but got to see Samoa and New Zeland. Sorry Sarah. Tonga was too far away, but I think I found someone pretty good. He is packed in my suitcase as we speak. He can start a fire by rubbing 2 sticks together. Score.
Ali and Ellie have had such a great week together. Whenever they are together Ellie just talk talk talks and Ali acts like a mental patient. They will have a sad seperation after tomorrow.

It has been impossable to get a picture with the whole family and since we were all together today, here is the masterpiece. Yes, a lot of us are missing but there are 25 of us. C'mon.

On the way to the PCC we stopeed at the Dole Pineapple Plantation. Advice was to skip the train ride and go straight for the ice cream. So Good. As were the Pineapple scones, Chocolate covered pineapple and the original pineapple chunks.
As usual my vacation is being based on food. The shocker of the evening - Josh ate raw fish.

This from a kid who will not eat: Thanksgiving dinner, Any kind of sauce, potatoes, soup, most fruit, rice, etc. Anyway, he sees the sushi and raw fish on the buffet and goes to town. I hated to encourage him because I have such disgust for anything fishy, but I was so excited that he was trying something new. Ali and Ellie on the other hand ate like 50 year old men.

I have to mention that we spent yesterday at Pearl Harbor, but I had to borrow Randi's camera and can't seem to get the pictures off.
The next two days will be hell so I'm not even going to try to say anything else until I'm at home snuggly in my own bed.

2 comments:

Encore Dance said...

i can't belive they ate shrimp! i hope you make it home ok and just beware, we had a party at your house...at least it didn't burn down.

Sarah said...

I can't believe you're done with your trip! It doesn't seem like it's been enough time. I am impressed with your find, his tricep muscles are enough for me! And starting fire with sticks is an essential skill, as are bow staff skills, fire eating skills, twirling stick skills, grass skirt weaving skills...there are too many on my list to name right now. And yes, I'm being a sarcastic snot about skills, but that guy really does impress me, much.