
Today has by far been the best here. We actually got to see a cool part of Hawaii. A little town called Haleliwa. Such a cool place. We ate at a place called Haleiwa Joe's which had pretty good food. We stopped at the famous M. Matsumoto Grocery store for the best shaved ice ever - and remember, I used to do snowies. These are 100 times better! A while ago on the food network I saw them do a story on this place. The thing to do is to get beans and ice cream in the bottom om the icee. Beans. I am not adventurous AT ALL but I thought sice I saw it on FN I had to do it. It was actually pretty good, no one else agreed. It kind of had a beanie texture.


We finally headed over to the O'Neill World cup surfing Championship on Sunset Beach. It was kind of hard to see, but it was so cool to see all those surfers. The kids weren't very impressed with anything but the waves. They were so huge - there were warnings everywhere because November is a big wave month. People often get sucked into the ocean on that beach during this time of year. Josh got a little close and got pummled by one. He ran over to me totally soaked and laughing. The wave hit him so hard it knocked the gum out of his mouth. It's floating out there somewhere.

We were all so tired on the way home that we just stopped at McDonalds to get the kids a Happy Meal. Who knew it would be our most authentic Hawaiian meal of the day. They have a Teryaki Burger and these Haupia Coconut pies instead of Apple pies that are sooo good.
Tomorrow - Pearl Harbor

2 comments:
I'm excited to see Pearl Harbor through you!
They're going to have to re-name one of those towns Carlson because there are a lot of you! It looks like you took over that store!
Darin makes a dessert called a Halo Halo that has beans/ice/ice cream and yams. It's really good. Since you are now a bean eater we will have to make one for you!
Post a Comment