Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Xanex Worked


What a flight. 5 hours and 55 minutes with three kids and a husband with a bulging neck vein. Meanwhile - I was feeling fine. I put on the noise canceling headphones and just kicked back. Claire had her moments - 45 moments in a row of crying herself to sleep - but I was feeling good. The other two kids were great. Gameboy's and movies kept them happy the entire time. They were so excited to fly, although the other passengers probably didn't enjoy the delightful screaming whenever the plane veered or bumped. They thought it was such a fun ride! Erik was sitting near me with a crazed look on his face. I think if we would have been on the plane one minute longer he might have screamed.

The time change has sucked royally. We were all so tired by the time we got here I thought the kids would sleep forever. Nope. 5 am bright and early. They were ready for the beach. They are loving the beach and pool and don't like getting out at all. We haven't had much time to leave the resort yet, but there is a train ride planned for later today and many more fun things to see later this week. Luckily we have Kelli who lived here for a while before she and Chad were married. She will show us the less touristy places to go. I forgot to pack a memory card for my camera so for now we will have to use publicity photos of the resort. Let me tell you - It really does look this good. I hope someone is getting my mail.

2 comments:

Encore Dance said...

I'm glad you made it!! the place looks amazing! I really could use some warm weather. I can totally picture Ali and Josh laughing on the plane. They are so cute! Have fun!!

Sarah said...

I am way excited to meet my man! You know you'll have to spot me his plane ticket though...I'll pay you back for sure.