
Home at last. I wanted to post yesterday just to keep up the momentum, but alas, the trip kicked my butt. Friday was a cross between the best and worst day of my life. We knew we had to check out of the hotel at 10 am and our flight did not leave until 10:40 pm. What to do? With 2 adults, no question. Lay on the beach and drink all day and call a cab at 9 pm to come and take you to the airport. But 2 adults and 3 small kids? Drive to Wakiki which apparently houses all of Asia, shop, eat, shop and eat again. To someone like Joey this sounds like a dream, but to sane people, it was bad. We started at the Wakiki Aquarium which was pretty fun for the kids - way better than the aquarium in Sandy FYI. Afterward we headed to the international market again to get Julia's coconut bra and the day went down. Way too many people and the traffic was horrible. I actually put my hands up in the air and thanked the lord for Brigham Young while Erik was driving. (For you non mormon's that is not normal. We do not worship Brigham Young). I can't beleive how horrible Wakiki is laid out. Why can't people think in squares? There were too many directions given that said, "you will veer slightly to the left" or "Walukeke Avenue will TURN INTO Kikikikeeee Highway if you just lean to your right a little." Whoever laid out the city did not have the spirit of the Lord with them. The day picked up after a visit to Cheeseburger in Paradise. Yummmmm.

Went to the mall, Down again. Had dinner with Scott and Kellie Story, up again. So that killed the day. We headed to the airport where I promptly popped a Xanex and a dramamine. I also loaded the kids up with a little dramamine. (Am I going to get arrested?) The plane left a little late and was OVERBOOKED!!! Any extra space we had on the flight to Hawaii was gone, and I was the odd person out and had to sit by a stranger who didn't want to be laid on. Erik sat between Josh and Ali while he held Claire on his lap. He really wanted me to sleep so that I could drive when we got home. It didn't happen and 6 hours later we all limped off the plane and to the car and the snow. What shock to the system - I actually felt my skin drying out.

The kids had all slept and were ok for the drive home but I had to break our deal in Springville. I couldn't keep my eyes open. Erik made it home and we put Claire to bed, turned on Ninetendo and crashed. When I woke up 4 hours later, the kids were in bed with us snoring their heads off. We got up, ate and went back to bed.
All in all it was an amazing trip. We did so many fun things and learned what not to do next time! The amazing part - EVERYONE GOT ALONG! Gotta love the family.






3 comments:
Everyone got along? How about all the times you yelled at me? Just kidding. I went to bed at 6 o'clock last night because I couldn't wake Max up. The kids slept from 6 to 9 and I think it had to be a miracle because if I hadn't gotten sleep I would have killed my family today.
I'm glad you made it home safetly and thanks so much for the coconut bra, I've always wanted one to go with my grass skirt. Ask Ali if I can do the Pinapple Princess dance with her.
Julia actually has something to fill out that coconut bra!
Post a Comment