Well, Christmas is finally over. My kids have ruined all of their gifts and my tree is in the gutter. We have had a crazy few weeks with a lot going on. The biggest and most exciting event has definitely been our best purchase of the year - Guitar Hero. WE were going to wait for Christmas, but the family was clammering for it. I must say that Josh is freakin awesome and has a love for the rock music. When your 6 year old tells you his favorite song is Rock and Roll all Night by KISS, you are a little bit proud.
There were also some special moments at our annual Carlson family party. The nativity play was good this year as was the array of delicious foods at our party. Everyone got along pretty well I think and it was a fun weekend.
Christmas was an experience. You always think that your kids will be so overcome with excitement - they will scream with joy and delight - they will shower you with kisses. The harsh reality, Josh and Ali go to Christmas town without saying anything to their sleeping parents and when we come in, Josh says " Who's is this?" as he holds up an $60 transformer. "It's yours," I say. "Ok." He says. And that's pretty much how it goes. Erik spent all morning putting things together and untying those STUPID twisty ties off of every toy imaginable. When the kids finish unwrapping everything they just look around and wonder if that's it. Anyway, It's over and I'm tired.

4 comments:
In the words of AC/DC, "We roll tonight to the guitar bite!" Randi looks like that girl on School of Rock."
I heard that Josh really rocks the guitar.
Erik has total guitar star form in that picture, Randi needs to work it a bit more.
I need to start working on a song to play...does it have "Eighteen and Life" "Eye of the Tiger" or "Dr. Feelgood" because I learned those songs in 6th grade choir class.
Gwen did the same thing, going to Christmas town without us. Joey was pretty disappointed. He was the one who picked out all the presents and stuffed the stockings, poor guy.
The guys that programmed GH3 are just mean. If they want to break down suspected terrorists they should force them to play Knights of Cydonia on hard.
Post a Comment