(They are not bored - they are watching a movie and waiting for their nails to dry.)
Ali's birthday has finally passed. Like a bad gallstone it lasted a little too long and was very painful towards the end. I was a bad mother this year and did something I wouldn't normally do - I let the party last for longer than a day.
I was sooooo busy on Tuesday (the actual birthday) with enrichment and soccer and baseball that I told Ali we could have her party on Wednesday. Of course I felt guilty on the real birthday so we did a small amount of birthday crap. She had her "real" party today with friends and it was wild. Why all the screaming? Why all the running and jumping and sliding and falling? Why all the laughter? I guess I have forgotten how fun it was to be a kid.

We only had 6 girls, which turned out to be perfect. Ali was missing Ellie pretty bad, but I didn't even try to invite the cousins because I knew she would be disappointed. We did some fun crafts and manicures and other "pretend sleep over" stuff and I would say by the size of my headache it was a roaring success.

I also have to say that Randi was so funny. What could be worse for a pregnant girl with no kids than to be around 6 screaming 5 year olds for 2 hours. She really doesn't think her life will ever be like this. I am still laughing a the look on her face when the girls started screaming in unison. Ali picked out a cake and Randi made it look SOOOOO much better than the one we used as a model. It was really cute.

Josh was kind of upset because I think part of him wanted to join in and another part of him knew he was suppose to disrupt the party. He did a little of both while Claire cowered in the corner terrified from all the noise. When it was over and I was laying on my bed Claire said, "Is dis a pain in dee butt?" Apparently I had said those words a few times under my breath.

3 comments:
I thought Max brought the sickness back from Price. I'm standing by it. That cake is so cute. What a good aunt. Have you seen how Randi hovers? Her life will probably not ever be like any of ours. She really will have perfect kids and will never yell and none of us will want to be around her anymore. (love you Randi) This is a weird question but Gwen wants to send Ali a present through webkinz world but she has to be one of her friends on there. How do I do that?
Randi's kids will be totally out of control. She uses that term so much for our kids she needs to find out what it REALLY means.
I have no idea how to send people stuff on Webkins. I think you have to know her username which is cherrymay. Go from there.
Sorry to tell you the guilt just packs on and on as the years go by. You are a great mom and the kids will remember the good times. The party looked great! What a great cake!! you girls are way too talented! Happy Birthday Ali
Post a Comment