
Is it just me or is facebook stupid? It seems really neat at first, you start finding people -people you went to school with, people you forgot about, people you heard had a sex change, blah blah blah. I am a grown woman with children and Facebook makes me feel like I am in high school again. Not the good part of high school where you get to make out with whoever you want, but the part where you feel like you don't have enough friends, you wonder why someone is ignoring you, or the worst blow of all, someone is mysteriously missing from your coveted "friend list." (YOU HAVE BEEN DELETED! IT IS NOT A FACEBOOK ERROR!)
When I started my facebook account my main goal was to spy on people without them knowing it. I didn't know you had to request and confirm friends. I tried to build up a big friend list at first and filled it with ANYONE who asked and anyone the mighty facebook suggested, but guess what? When I logged on I was bombarded with princess quiz results for Amy Sue, notification that Bart has joined the "I Love Nickelback" group, or that Tracy's toe really hurts. Plus I was always getting "poked" or "nudged" or sent a "piece of flair" from some random person that sat behind me in 10th grade math class. It's over people.
I have whittled my list of friends way down and have felt much happier. It is hard to delete friends off your list but it is something that must be done. Is it poor etiquette? Possibly but let's be honest, will there be a fight at the fairgrounds after school because of it? Most likely not. (I am only 80% sure of that.) So what if I don't care what you are doing this weekend, or I don't want to read 25 random things about you. Don't feel bad, we were never going to be friends anyway.

8 comments:
I just realilzed I'm not on your "people I like list"
I'm not sure how to handle that!!
please don't take my name off! My toe hurts!
Are you going to delete Erik then?
I don't see much from Erik anymore. Wait...maybe he deleted me! I better check. You are hilarious and I love that you can put into words what I am thinking...except your thoughts make me liz a little and my own do not.
I love that you said Liz a little.
What fantasy version of high school allows you to make out with whoever you wish?
I have been watching a lot of 90210 reruns.
Thanks for putting my thoughts into words. Now will you be the mean one and whittle my friends list down?
Post a Comment