Sunday, April 19, 2009


I returned late last night from a WELL DESERVED jaunt to St. George/ Cedar City. Randi and I are officially sick of each other and I'm sure Dion is still mad that she couldn't think of an excuse to sleep in someone else's room. Here are the things I must ask forgiveness for: I made Randi cry, offended Suzy, made my mom feel bad, made rude comments to my dad and kept Dion awake with my loud "sleeping noises." I had a blast.

When we left Price I was sooo excited to get into some warmer "bikini" wearing temps. It was freezing here, but about 20 degrees warmer there - somehow I forgot my bikini. I was so determined to find a new "outfit" with the help of my sisters. Their job was to to steer me away from anything with a hood. At one point Dion had to take me by the hand to lead me in a new direction. Let me explain about the hoodie obsession.

I am slightly fat. I am perfectly aware of this - I try to fight it. I am not someone who wants to be fat, I just refused to listen to my mom when I was pregnant. It's true - it really was harder to lose it than I thought. Anyway - I have a super fat stomach that I try to camouflage with jackets and hooded sweatshirts. Now, am I an idiot? Do I really think that you can't see the fat roll through the hoodie? No. I just feel better wearing more. It could be 40 degrees or 90 degrees - I will never give up the hoodie, not even in Hawaii. So my plan when I go to a warm spot like St. George is to wear a short sleeved hoodie. This does not fly with my family and I am the constant butt of jokes on most vacations.

Anyway, I searched the southern half of the state for another type of shirt that would fit my criteria, but came home with a new jacket. I will overcome this dilema - either by not caring about people staring at me or through surgical procedures. If anyone leaves me a comment about how I should "just lose weight" I will take this blog private. I swear.

2 comments:

suzy said...

What did you do that offended me? Or what did you say is probably the right question to ask? Or did you just say that for effect on your blog? I have a short sleeved hoodie...I got it at TJMaxx. I feel the same way about hoodies. They cover up dirty and ugly clothes too...both of which I wear a lot.

Shauntel said...

You should maybe be nice.