Friday, October 31, 2008

Arrrrrrggg you single?



(The title will only make sense to a select few. This was a pick up line Erik thought of AFTER the party on Thursday and he wants credit for it. )

This has been a CRAZY week that will hopefully never be repeated. I am so tired tonight and hope my kids will understand my reasons for not making them breakfast tomorrow. I will blame it on my two good friends, Tylenol PM.

Our neighbors threw a kid party on Tuesday night with a spook alley in the garage. I have to tell you that everyone should have a family like this in there neighborhood. They love doing impromptu get togethers and parties and are so fun to live by. I had Eislee that night and just let the three kids run wild in the neighborhood. They had a blast and didn't want to come home.

The ward party on Wednesday night kept things rockin. I was panicking all week over prizes and chili judges, but everything turned out great, unfortunately, there are no pictures to mark the occasion. I would like to say that I am disturbed by the OBSESSION over carving BYU pumpkins at this party. This was my 3rd year attending, and I must say, it is so cliche. Especially because the BYU pumpkin always beats the U of U pumpkin. Lame.

Thursday night we had a friend party at my house which almost sent me to the streets to buy drugs. I cleaned for 8 straight hours on Thursday and right now, 24 short hours later my house is destroyed. It was worth it because we had a blast at the party. I love being around people who make me laugh and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The food was good and the games were fun and slightly awkward at moments, but it was great. There are some sick puppies in our neighborhood. Erik and I were stupid and did not get a picture of our costumes. They were lame, but we did win most original. I looked like my normal self wearing a feather boa. The words "I don't get it" were uttered more than once. These pictures were the only taken of us I think. Pretty bad.









Tonight was Halloween but we had to start our day with the Halloween carnival at the school, which ended with me picking Josh up early. It just gets so crazy and the kids would rather just be at home anyway. I had to start Claire's hair at 8 am. I put it in rollers and left them in most of the day. It turned out so cute and I was sad to wash her hair tonight. She had a hard time saying goodbye to Annie. As soon as she was out of the shower she asked to watch the movie AGAIN. Ali wanted to be gross and scary, but wanted me to add swirly eye makeup and red lipstick at the last minute. I think she is almost out of the super girly stage, but wants to hang on for just a little longer. Josh was so bare bones this year. He didn't really care about dressing up - I had to FORCE him to let me paint his face, but he and Erik stayed out pretty late getting a lot of candy.







It was a great Halloween and I am sad to see it go. It is one of my favorite holidays! By the way, if you couldn't tell, Erik and I were dressed as the Osbourne's. He will also be wearing this costume to the Metallica concert on Monday.

5 comments:

By Suzy Carlson said...

Kelly,
I had to miss the party because Joey promised Gwen that he would take her to Nightmare before Christmas in 3D and it stops playing on Halloween. He had to work late everyday, except yesterday he got off at 7. So I had to drive the kids up there to go to that with him and it turns out they couldn't have cared less. Then I just drove him home with me and he has to go back to work in the morning. I really did want to go to your party, but not alone...and we couldn't have sat down with our costumes. It would have been lame. Plus we just put the costumes together this morning. Long comment, but you made me feel guilty.

Encore Dance said...

I love Claire's costume!! She looked so cute!!

tookiecramer said...

I have few comments...

1. Why is Erik playing with his pretend nipples?

2. Your Osborne costumes were hilarious - even if you did have to explain them.

3. Claire looks so cute! That was an awesome idea for her.

4. I'm so over the BYU pumpkins - did you notice the subtle writing on the little U of U victim pumpkin? it said "Utah" and then below that "puke". NICE!

Kelli said...

What a blast. The kids look darling.

Shauntel said...

Yes Kelly, you are popular. Ok. We get it.