
Anyone who reads this post is SWORN to secrecy. I know that sounds funny considering I am posting it, but I am only trying to hide it from my dad which will be easy considering that he will NEVER read this.
The two things that I must bring forward are these:
#1 - My dad hates animals. These words may seem a little strong, but he does not like them, especially when people keep them as pets. He once told me that keeping animals in your house and yard is cruel - they should all be free to run and poop on farms. I honestly believe he avoids my house because of my beloved Sammy, whom I also hate, but for different reasons (see previous Sammy posts).
#2 - My dad likes nice things. Crazy, huh? He especially likes his vehicles, they are where he spends enormous amounts of time. They are his sanctuary. I am POSITIVE he owns a carwash for the sole purpose of keeping his vehicles in perfect condition.
Now keeping these things in mind, enjoy the following story. This will really only be funny to my family, but feel free to keep reading if you are not a relative, just don't expect too much.

We borrowed my dad's truck to pick up some furniture in Salt Lake on Saturday. We got home late so we decided to keep it at the house so we could give it a good cleaning before we returned it. At 4:00 on Sunday afternoon we were getting ready to go to mom's for dinner and thought we would just deliver the truck back to their house. When Erik tried to open the door, he found it locked. That was bad enough if you know my dad, but when he saw Sammy laying on the back seat it got scary. Questions popped into my head like:
How long has he been in there?
Has he pooped?
Thrown up?
Peed?
Hair balls?
Scratched the leather interior?
And finally, if he dies in there will it smell bad, will there be any kind of explosion? It was kind of hot, so I started blurting things out and when I turned around Ali was standing there. She immediately started screaming: "He Can't Breathe, He can't Breathe!" We called Steve (works for my dad) and Linda (his secretary) looking for an extra key. They have also been sworn to secrecy. When all attempts failed, I called my dad and told him the situation - minus the cat part. He said, "Don't worry I'll call On-Star." Great, I've heard their commercials. No problem. 15 minutes later Sammy was getting upset. He had found the coolest spot in the truck and was not moving very much. I called my dad again and told him it was really important. Ten minutes later he was in front of the house. They wouldn't open the door without some number off the truck. Great. Erik and I devised a plan and as soon as the doors were unlocked, I snuck around to the other side, cracked the door open ever so slightly, grabbed his nearly lifeless head, and ripped him out of the truck. He seemed ok because I have never seen him run faster.

10 comments:
That is a sad but funny story. I have to admit though that I do not like cats!!! Hey, I am going to be in town for Thanksgiving. It would be fun to see you after what, almost 5 years!!
Sorry, that last comment said that my husband left it, but it was really me (Rosalyn).
I think you secretly love Sammy, you were holding a towel up to the window so the sun wouldn't shine in the truck and burn him to death. ADMIT IT!
Haha, Joey will love this. I'm glad you didn't get caught.
I guess I am going to have to leave your blog up all day because my kids just want to sit here and laugh their heads off about your smiling cat pic. And since Joey never comments I will just tell you that he had a laugh at your expense over the cat locked in the truck.
Kelly, will you tell Kara that I am making an order today around noon. So if she tells me by then what she wants I will probably get it before I come to your house on Thursday and I can deliver them to her then.
I will call you later to get her # if I don't hear from her.
Me again... I don't think we are coming to your party. Joey has to work and Randi said she couldn't get Jackson to agree to go. So I thought we would go together, but when I asked her what she was going to be, she said she wasn't going. And I will look dumb in my robot tutu costume all alone. But maybe Joey will get off early, so don't write me off yet.
I didn't know you were going to go suz, lol maybe you and you can combine costumes!
sorry, you and I***
I am laughing out loud!
Post a Comment