Thursday, May 23, 2013

SUMMER miracles!!!

Hooray for summer!! (Don't quote me on that)

Last day of school. Happy Happy Happy.

 
 I finally got to turn off my permanent "wake-up-for-school-alarm." In August it was set for 6:30am, December was 6:45, and today we got up at 7:20. I'm pretty sure Josh wore the clothes he slept in again today, and I think Ali has been wearing her swimsuit under her clothes for 4 straight days. Whatever. When the kids got home, Ali handed me her perfect report card, dropped her bag and couldn't wait to tell me about her teacher next year. Josh came in, totally empty handed and headed straight to his room. I demanded his report card, and he informed me that it was sitting in a garbage can somewhere at school. Apparently he looked it over, and decided it would be too painful for us. My true mothering skills showed through at that point when I shrugged and said, "see ya later." Elementary school never really came up on college applications.

In other news, My good friend Keri introduced me to one of her co-workers this week who suffers the same basic disease as me. This is AMAZING, because it is so rare. I feel like she was an answer to my prayers - just to meet someone who KNOWS I am not insane was so comforting. She was so understanding and kind, knowing EXACTLY what I was feeling. She gave me so much hope and optimism - living such a great life by living and working and drinking diet coke like a NORMAL PERSON. She told me about a great med that helped her itching so much. I had heard of it, but just assumed my doctor would have mentioned it if it was a possibility. Anyway, my doctor gave it to me and my itching is almost gone. I still feel it pretty much all the time, but it is like someone turned the intensity form 100 down to 20. I can handle 20. I'm feeling so much better and for now, I am trying to be as optimistic as possible. getting out in my yard and spending time with friends and family has made such a difference. I couldn't be more grateful for all the prayers - I have truly felt comforted.

No comments: