I'm having one of those days.
I've had them a lot lately.
Laying in bed in the midst of a messy house, feeling like a horrible housekeeper, mother and wife.
My head hurts, I am SO tired and I want to go to sleep, but I look at the clock and realize that I've only been awake for 3 hours - no justification for a nap just yet.
I have so many feelings that I want to share, but I hesitate because I know that Erik won't like it and my mom will feel sad. But I know that writing makes me feel productive and happy, so I ignore them.
I have written so much on this blog about my health issues and the frustrations I have had for the last three years not knowing what is happening. I have spent countless hours being stuck with needles and sitting in little offices with people who are sicker than me, but still feeling bad for myself. I have researched my guts out and had so many moments of hopelessness and anxiety and even optimism and HOPE.
I spent last week at MANY appointments, tests and more appointments only to find myself in the ER on Sunday. I knew something was coming and I knew I needed to slow down, but it's hard to walk away from responsibilities and take a break. The first thing I thought when I saw the doctor was, "He is going to think I am crazy - just like everyone else." I downplayed the pain and expected to be sent home like all the other times.
I am so thankful for this doctor who didn't know me and who could have sent me packing. I am thankful for all the things that finally came together this week so I could finally have a diagnosis and a little bit of satisfaction in knowing that I WAS RIGHT AND I KNOW MY OWN BODY!!!
I definitely do not feel at peace right now and I know that every day will bring a different challenge. I hope that I will be able to handle things with dignity and grace, which goes against EVERY FIBER of my being.
I know that this is small in comparison to the suffering so many people face, but it is real to me and my family.
I know that science is AWESOME will be well taken care of. I know that things will get scary for me, but that Heavenly Father has a plan for me.
I know that I am a drama queen, but I don't care!
I know that this life is not the end. My favorite line from my favorite movie: "Get busy living or get busy dying."
Am I dying? No, but I know my course will be altered a little and that is OK. I have such an amazing family and such great friends - I guess it just took me a minute to gain perspective.
Whew! I really do feel better and am not embarrassed to ask for prayers and the hope that one of you will have a clean liver for me someday!!
Thursday, May 02, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ugh. I'm sorry you've had to go through all of this Kelly. But I'm so glad they finally figured out what the hell is going on! Thinking about you and sending lots of prayers to you. Drama queen it up while you have an excuse! Also, for the record, my liver is probably squeaky clean and you can have it!
Post a Comment