Monday, May 20, 2013

Getting to know you...

It's amazing how much you get to know your body when you start paying attention to EVERY detail.
Fact number one for me... Never take an anti depressant. I have been prescribed these meds a few times over the years to treat symptoms of my other medical problems, not for actual depression. I was so desperate at my last appointment,  that I agreed to try them again in hopes of stopping my itching. After about two weeks, I realized that part of the reason I was feeling SO terrible was because of this one medication.  I stopped taking it a few days ago and can already tell a difference... Instead if three naps a day I can get by on one. Fabulous! I'm feeling a lot better and just hoping I have a lot of time before I have another attack.

Meanwhile, I think Erik has been experience sympathy symptoms. The poor guy has struggled with this as much as I have, and I feel like he gets left in the dust a lot. I almost think its worse to face the prospect of being alone if this doesn't end well for me. He has been taking such great care of me, but it is wearing on him. We finally made some decisions about letting people in to clean our house and being ok if the kids eat cereal for every meal! He has helped me let go of my control freakiness a little bit.

Anyway, we had such an amazing day yesterday as Josh received the priesthood and was able to get a special blessing from his dad.  His grandparents were able to be there which was really special. Afterwords, the grandmothers and I were able to share a word to describe him. Lanice and my mom will have to leave a comment if I get it wrong. But I heard "fun and just good." I had to throw in "gentle", but wanted to take it back after he double punched Ali in the car later. Apparently she flinched, so he had no choice.

After Josh's blessing Erik was able to receive a special blessing from his dad too. I felt bad because it was totally on the fly and he had NO notice, but it was so perfect and wonderful.  A day I will never forget.


1 comment:

suzy said...

I hate all the big events we miss while we are in Arizona...not to mention that no one remembers us. Josh is so OLD!! Also...I don't think I understand the severity of things in Price...being so far away and all. Maybe I will move to Price. I will clean your house. And I can pour cereal real well.