Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blogworthy

So it's been 5 months since my last post.

I am LAME. I remember a few years ago I was giving my mom crap about not wanting to do crafty crafts for her house anymore. (By crafty crafts, I mean the Valentines Day wreath made from tiny red hots, the coffee table made from an old door, etc.) Anyway, she just said that after a while you don't really care about stuff like that anymore. WHAT?????? For the last 15 years I have had at least 5 major projects going on simultaneously. Painting some furniture, making curtains, rearranging furniture, doing something fun/educational with the kids, blah blah blah.

This blog has always been one of my projects and I have loved sharing things. Until something changed. Maybe it was simply seeing other blogs - blogs filled with purpose and humor and crafty craftiness. Blogs filled with witty observations and happy children being photographed by their loving mothers and their $1200 cameras'.  Blogs filled with world travel and babies, babies, BABIES!!!! Enough.

I think I have reached the place my mother spoke of. I don't care about hot glue guns and making baby shoes. I take all my pictures with a CELL PHONE and I hate to travel. I am not filled with love for all mankind and memories of my favorite poems. At this very moment I am wondering if it's against the law to cover my kids' mouths with duct tape so I can finish this post.

Is this news to ANYONE? I didn't think so. I have always wanted this blog to be a record of my familys' life, not an entry in a crafting/parenting/fitness/beauty contest. It is what it is.

So here is a catch up on our last 5 months . . . Enjoy my laziness


                                                                      OCTOBER:
                                           The end of another football and soccer season
                                                               Claire's 6th Birthday
                                                                  Trip with friends
                                                                  1st piano recital
                                                                  HALLOWEEN!!
                                                               Daddy daughter date
 
 
 
NOVEMBER
Family trip to Phoenix
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Laundry  Remodel
Our first Thanksgiving alone
 
 
 
DECEMEBER 
The naughty elf
Christmas Eve show
Band Concert
Choir Concert
Disappointed faces
 

2 comments:

elysebeard said...

glad you're back! I always love your posts, because I think you're funny.

suzy said...

I love you so much. I feel the same way about blogging. I am totally lame. So why bother? But your mom did bring up how much my own kids love to read old entries and see their pics, so I guess I should quit being lazy. You make me laugh. Especially your duct tape comment. I could totally picture it. Miss you!!