Thursday, June 06, 2013

Some will live, some will die.

The cart next to my bed referred to by Erik as "The old man cart."

So have I mentioned lately how much I dislike our government? I hate politics and agendas and talking points. I hate Rachel Maddow and Bill Maher and people who are MEAN. I hate liars and dividers and hypocrites like Bloomberg who legislate "fairness" as they see it, then live like kings and rulers. I am especially terrified of the new health care system which will be run by the freaking IRS!! Yes, the same IRS who is currently in contempt of congress for non compliance AND the same IRS who has admittedly been targeting conservatives for years.  It is so crazy that these  people will soon be left to choose who lives and who dies. Think I'm crazy??? I wish.

I have been keeping up on what's going on with the system for a while because I know I will soon be in a pool of sickly Americans who will have their fate decided by the National Finance Department.
I got the dreaded letter today. I am officially part of the problem. My current insurance company would LOVE to keep me, but due to my pre existing condition, I have to switch to the government plan. The only problem is that I can't apply for it if I have had insurance in the last 6 months. Also, I get to pay 30% of all my medical costs AFTER I meet my new deductible AFTER I wait the six months to enroll.  Whew.  The good news is that when I am finally ready for my liver transplant, the government will get to decide if I'm worth it. "Some will live, and some will die." Yes, that's an actual quote from our health and human services secretary.

Some might call this thinking "paranoid" or "conspiracist." I call it reality. I am so scared of what will happen to me when someone besides me and my doctor get to decide if I'm worth keeping alive. I look at people who come to America from all over the world to escape their own socialist medicine, and I am afraid. Where can I go????

I think if my liver was healthy I would drink right now.

1 comment:

suzy said...

This makes me sick.