Friday, October 01, 2010

This is sooooo 1983



So I'm not sure what year this tape came out, I just remember listening to it A LOT. My bestie Sara and I listened, sang, acted and loved this tape to death. She always had the latest and coolest stuff when we were kids. So how excited do you think I was when she found this for me to download??? VERY EXCITED.

It came as kind of an answer to a dilemma I was experiencing with Ali today. 2 weeks ago she had an assignment at school to write a letter to a musician she admired. Don't even get me started on this one. Anyway, she asked if she could write to Elvis, but since he is DEAD it was not acceptable. Seriously, don't get me started. Her friend told her to write to Justin Bieber. She had no clue who this was, so she wrote:
Dear Justin Beaver,
I hate you. You are not a good singer.
From Ali

Fast forward 2 weeks. Ali is listening to her carefully screened iPod playlist and declared its lameness. She skipped song after song making lame criticisms along the way. "I know this guy is just on here because you feel bad that he is blind," speaking of Stevie Wonder."He is not good. Can we please get Justin Bieber songs on here???" I kind of blew her off while I tried to decide what to do. Maybe this isn't a big deal, but 7 is still kid age to me, and although Bieber is marketed as "for kids," I don't buy it.

How does this story end?? Well, even though she gets brainwashed by friends 5 days a week from 8-3, I still own her. She LOVES my new download and couldn't wait to get to each new song. I think it's because SHE IS STILL A KID!!!



I love this website and GUARANTEE you will be able to find some gem from your childhood there. AGE APPROPRIATE. Maybe Erick, Pastor Pickin' will ring a bell. (http://wayoutjunk.blogspot.com - I still don't know how to do the clickable link thing,)

So bite it "JUSTIN BEAVER." You are not a good singer. For kids.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am SO Happy! Wishing you many hours of Cabbage patch fun!