I rarely feel proud of things I've done because I never seem to accomplish great or amazing tasks. I had to dig deep for this one.
I used to consider myself crafty, but after so many ruined and unfinished projects I am over it. However, there is a baron wall in my kitchen that I have been DYING to fix. There have been about ten visually unpleasing attempts at decor, so I had almost given up. I was surfing through blog world one day and came across a really cute idea that was perfect for my spot. It looked simple enough, so with some help from my neighbor and my hubby, I got the wood cut, hung and painted. I know it is a boring chalk board on a wall, but to me it is a custom, handcrafted thing of beauty. I am proud that I was able to boss some nice men around to get it done. I am proud that it looks the way it did in my head. I am scared of my kids writing bad words on it, but will be proud if they use correct spelling and grammar.

4 comments:
Looks good! No you have to find the plates!
I want to see a picture!
Wait am I that stupid? Is the pic in the post the chalk board? It's cute if it is! And if it is you got a good laugh out of the stupid comment!
I wasn't going to say anything . . .
Post a Comment