
I actually don't remember how I found out about Blogger . . . I remember seeing someone's blog and SWEARING that I would never do something so stupid, self indulgent and ANNOYING. But in the end I did what I always do. I judge, say a lot of self righteous crap, then follow like a little lost sheep. It reminds me of the time we got our first van. Rear entertainment systems were all the rage for families just like mine. I shunned the idea and whispered about the horrible parents who allowed such a thing. 3 portable DVD players and 6,000 hours of fighting later, I went for the full package in our new car. The seats recline, there is a full bar, a mini fridge and a live band.
Anyway, the reason I have a blog is simple. I love to write. I have loved writing since I was a kid. I would write books and stories and even the occasional song. I always thought I was really good and believed that I would become famous. I was rejected by the junior high journalism teacher due to my lack of boobs, but made it in High school due to my mad skillz. (Actually the teacher was in my ward and was probably scared of my dad.)
I went to college on a journalism scholarship but my interest in newspapers fizzled out when it became tedious and boring. I guess I hated being told what to write about. I have been able to do things here and there with my degree through out the years , but nothing long term. I love blogging because I control the content. I don't care that I will never be Pioneer Woman. I would love to find my niche and become famous with my blog, but right now my purpose is personal. I will continue to write about things that make me laugh or make me mad or make me cry. I will write about my boring life because I know one day my kids will think it's interesting. . . right???

3 comments:
So you are saying I lack talent but not boobs? And all this time I seriously had no idea. I will be re-evaluating my life today.
If you were in the journalism class in Jr. High you had in going on up top. Maybe you were also talented, but I like to tell myself it was just the boobs.
Haha...I would never have described myself that way in Jr. High...but from now on I am going to. Recreating the hell of those years into the false memory of a nice rack....well I can live with that.
Post a Comment