Saturday, September 18, 2010

Out with the old



Apparently my blog has become irritating to Erik. He finds it inappropriate when I feature nice looking gentleman in my posts. I left the loin cloth up a little too long I guess, because he was really giving me crap about it.

So here we go - family friendly entertainment for all to enjoy! It will be much more boring than Tim Mcgraw or Tarzan, but it is my life.



We got to spend the weekend in Park City enjoying my parents' time share. I was going to bag the whole thing because of school, but I decided to live dangerously. We took off Thursday night on what was suppose to be a "mom and kids" trip. My kids protested this idea IMMEDIATELY because the knew darn well that mom is not fun. Who would take them swimming and give them Kit Kats and chocolate milk in bed? Definitely NOT mom. We talked dad into ditching work and we had a great weekend.





The timeshare always has fun activities for the kids, so we took advantage of it. Grandpa stayed with them the whole time and painted pots and made flip flops with them. SIDENOTE: Do you ever wonder why parents are so much better at being grandparents? You spend your whole life criticizing your parents and thinking that they are so stupid then one day you see your dad making flip flops with your 3 year old, or your mom teaching your son how to crochet without making any heavy sighing noises. It's a game changer. MAYBE your parents were just really stressed out by you and your 4 other maniac siblings. Maybe they actually WERE good parents but you couldn't see it because you were too selfish. Anyway . . . I digress.



We got to ride the Alpine slide and the coaster this year. My kids loved the coaster and lucky Josh was big enough to drive on both all by himself. This gave me serious anxiety, especially when it took him FOREVER to make it down, but he had a blast and I am proud of myself for not trying to control it. Whew.





The kids swam, I got to shop and Erik got to test out yet another gym in Utah. It was a win win for everyone, except housekeeping. We high tailed it out of there pretty quick this morning - There were a lot of things I didn't want to have to explain.

2 comments:

tookiecramer said...

I've always thought of your Dad as the crafty, flip-flop making type. That is awesome.

Kamie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Park City is so pretty in the Fall.