
My favorite shows have all ended, two of them forever. It can only mean one thing . . .
We had our first official day of summer yesterday. It knew it was official because I was wondering what to do with the children as soon as they woke up. Luckily I have the kind of kids who can sleep till 10 every day - that usually gives me about two hours to prepare.
I noticed yesterday (more than usual) that I was on edge and touchy. I spent my whole day complaining and worrying about things out of my control. I have been excited for school to be over so we could finally spend time together, but I couldn't enjoy the day. I have a church calling that is kind of demanding and worry that I am not fulfilling it. I have a job that is easy and gives me spending money all summer but yet I cringe at the sight of those damn snow cones. I fret so much over making sure EVERYTHING is perfect and that I am ALWAYS in control, that I can't relax and enjoy opportunities. I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT TODAY.
I think I have always been identified by my bad attitude. I once thought it was endearing and cute, but today I think that people are tired of listening to me complain and freak out. My summer goal is to HAVE FUN. I will do my best keeping my house clean but will not let it define my day. I will PLAY with my kids and stop rolling my eyes when they ask me to build them a hut. I will work hard at my job because I know in three months I will be missing my extra money. I will do things outside my comfort zone (like attending youth conference) and I will make myself LOVE it.
I officially give EVERYONE permission to slap me hard in the face if I start to complain. If we are conversing over the phone you can call my mom and she will come over and do it for you - I think she would love to get a shot in right now!
What do you do to keep your kids occupied during the summer??? I need some SERIOUS ideas here!!!

6 comments:
Does this have anything to do with what I said to Monique? I meant it nice. Really.
Yes. That pushed me over the edge. Monique: "Who was that girl with the brown hair?" Shauntel: "Oh her? She is the bitch of our group." REAL NICE!!!
ha ha ha. Funny.
Nothing like a hard slap in the face to make you feel better. Good luck with that approach. By the way, even though I have your official permission - I wouldn't dare. Also, I like your crappy attitude. It makes me happy.
Since you're going outside of your comfort zone this summer...come boating with us! Your kids will love it! And if you're really brave you can get in the lake water :)
Post a Comment