Saturday, May 01, 2010

Here's the haps


(Ali and Madison showing off their trophies. Madison took first place in her division and was AWESOME! She looks so grown up and gorgeous in this picture)

We have a had a crazy weekend! I like to call it "Dance weekend from Hell Part I." It is so stressful to run around, changing costumes and worrying about performances. I don't think I'm a stage mom, just a bad mom. I am not sure how to handle these situations and I KNOW I am doing it wrong!!! Anyway, Ali is a brave soul and performed a dance solo at a local competition. I was sizing up the competition and secretly hoping at least two of them would mess up so Ali could make the top three. (I told you it was bad.) She ended up being fabulous and took second overall. The thing I am proudest of is that she doesn't care what people think. She wasn't nervous about performing by herself in the least. I have no idea how she got me for a mother, I was on my way out to the hall to throw up right before she went on.


(Not a great picture, but man that wig is hard to maneuver!!)

Anyway, it continued today, so we spent a lot of time driving back and forth, changing costumes, and inhaling gallons of spray glitter. I'm glad it's over and proud of all of her hard work. I am also grateful to have Julia to teach my girls dance. She does such a good job and has spent a ton of her spare time helping Ali prepare. (Now I just need a Dr. in the family to write prescription and a lawyer to help me sue the school district.)

I also found a little time to make jam today. Normally I wouldn't mention such a mundane activity, but this is not your ordinary jam. Our family has all come to a consensus that this is the best jam ever to enter our mouths. Maybe I am just sick of the plain old raspberry and peach, or maybe it really is that good. IT IS!!! (It's Pineapple Mango- and it truly is delish.) I have decided NOT to share the recipe so that no one else can take credit for making it.


(I should thank someone for sharing this recipe, but I am going to take all the credit instead!)

Last but DEFINITELY not least, we got a new nephew this weekend courtesy of Darin and Elisa. The kid is BIG! 9 pounds and 21 1/2 inches long! We waited for a day or two to finally hear the name and I am very excited to introduce little Soren. (I was secretly hoping this was the name they would choose!) Anyway, we are waiting anxiously for the day we actually get to meet him.



Now to prepare my lesson for tomorrow - only 12 hours to go!

3 comments:

Randi said...

Bring me some jammy jam.

Elisa said...

We are so proud of Ali and Madison! I hope people are taping all these performances I am and will be missing. I will have to be content with an Encore Dance movie night.

I can't believe you made jam while on a diet. Are you nuts? I would eat a whole loaf of bread a day! Especially right now, all I want to do is hold my baby, cry, and eat. I am wondering if 3 kids was a good idea...but "this is one doodle that can't be undid". Thank heavens he is the cutest little thing on earth.

Kamie said...

I think I need a jar of that jam in 20 days!!!