Monday, May 17, 2010

Overload



I have a full camera right now and a brain that needs to be emptied and refilled with new and more exciting things. This is my dump.



We had a typical May weekend recently. It was filled with a birthday and a lot of ingested spray glitter.

Josh turned nine and had a great birthday (I think). They had hat & glasses day at school (I'm thinking that they ran out of ideas!!) so the kids thought they were pretty cool! I picked Josh up early from school and took him to Provo to get new shoes and to spend some time together. We had some funny conversations in the car - the topic of the day was illegal immigration. I think I have indoctrinated him pretty well at this point.



He and Erik went to fathers and sons which totally made the day for Josh. Somehow I have a kid who loves camping. He is in for a lot of disappointment!!! Grandma and grandpa Rass took us out to dinner to celebrate his birthday - my apologies to anyone sitting near us at Wingers!

While the boys were away, the girls danced their hearts out. I did not take any pictures of them actually performing because those pictures always look like glowing white blobs, but I did take a few before the mayhem started.







Ali was happy to spend time with her dance friend Bubba, and Claire was content just to see Riley. She didn't care much about the dance part, but she went out on stage with her class, did a few moves, stared at her partner and did a bunny hop. It was perfect. Ali did a great job as usual and surprised me with her amazing solo. She was fantastic! So unlike her mother - what more could I ask for?? Miss Julia did a great job this year and took a lot of extra time with Ali. She also performed with the other teachers and blew everyone away.

I think we will settle down for a while and just enjoy the last week of school. Family vacation - HERE WE COME!!!

1 comment:

tookiecramer said...

I just saw Randi's baby...Wow! He does look like a little Josh. Guess the Carlson gene is a strong one.