
Today is day 7 of my diet from hell and I am happy to say that I am 95% SUGAR FREE!!!
It has been REALLY hard getting the stuff out of my system, and I can't say I haven't had any . . . but I think the worst is over. I imagine this is what an addict goes through when getting off their stuff. I didn't feel bugs crawling on me or vomit uncontrollably, but I had my own problems. Erik warned me that I was on his last nerve, and my kids called DCFS a few times, but we made it.
I turned a corner yesterday and finally started feeling like myself again. I had energy - I was nicer to my family and I WANTED to exercise. The last one kind of surprised me, too.
I am definitely not swearing off my sugary friend for life, but It feels good knowing it doesn't control me. I can live without it - even though I miss my morning cherry heads and hostess powdered doughnuts. I am keeping my significant weight loss number to myself so as not to disappoint people when they see me - but I am VERY happy with my number this week.

I am also excited to announce the BIRTHDAY of my big sister, Dion. I get to have lunch with her today and am excited about it because I don't get to see her that often. Dion has always been a great example to me in many ways, but most of all she is a great mother and has raised great kids. She has always been a good friend to me and listens to me drone on a lot. I appreciate her and love her and am happy she is my sister! Happy Birthday Dion!

No comments:
Post a Comment