
After months of patiently waiting, my fantastic mailbox is complete!!! I know that no one will think this is as cool as I do, but I am pretty excited about it. I still need to stain the cap, but this is pretty much it. It lights up our whole neighborhood at night. I hope it's not too bright, but lets be serious. I really don't care if it is because it it AWESOME!!! Thanks Tony Wood.
(Josh holding mini Josh. Kinda creepy.)
Anyway, more important than my mailbox is the birthday of my Grandma Tilley. She turned 84 today!!! I feel so lucky to still have my grandma here. She has had a few health scares but has always managed to kick butt. She has always been such a hard worker and has been able to do some cool things in her life. The best memory I have of my grandma is Sunday Dinner. She cooked our family dinner every Sunday no matter what! It was always hot and waiting for us right after church. (I appreciate this act more now because I HATE making Sunday dinner.) She waited on us and cleaned up and everything - I loved Sundays back then! We always thought this was so special and loved to brag about it to our friends. No boring pot roasts for us on Sunday! She loved cooking spaghetti, rigatoni, meatloaf and mashed potatoes with pea gravy - sometimes at the same sitting. The combinations were kinda crazy, but it was awesome to have so many choices!!
(We were all trying to fit! Mom and Glenda are trying to squeeze in back there. I seem to have plenty of room.)
Let the May birthdays keep rollin'

1 comment:
It's about frickin time with the mail box! GEEZ! Oh and Happy birthday Grandma! We love you:)
Post a Comment