
Mothers Day at the asylum. If it looks like I am hiding behind a tree it's because I am. Claire couldn't concentrate due to the pretty tree and Josh REFUSES to ever look as though he is happy in pictures. He wants EVERYONE to know that he DID NOT like this!!!
I have been trying to take a lot of pictures this month. I got to teach a lesson on journals last week and really liked some of the ideas I read about. Anyway, this blog has become like a little family history book for me and pictures really help.
Soooo . . . This past week was full of celebrations! We celebrated a few birthdays ending with my mom's on Saturday. She kind of missed the party no one told her about so we had to make up for it on Sunday. I'm not sure how she feels about combining birthday and Mothers Day, but if she's anything like me it was ruined. (Luckily I know she is not nearly as selfish as me.)

We had a fun day anyway and I ate some chocolate cake. After dinner we headed to Erik's moms to visit. We only lasted about an hour due to Claire's 10th mothers day meltdown. I'm not sure what her deal was, but she needed some serious sleep. Obviously I didn't get any pictures with Erik's mom despite my best intentions, but she looked like she was having a lovely day as well!!
I feel very blessed to have these two great moms in my life. My mom has always been an amazing example to me and I constantly feel the pressure of living up to it!! It seems like every day someone randomly comments on what a great woman my mom is. She is so willing to serve and give up her own precious time for others without complaint! She takes great care of our family and is sooooo appreciated. I am so glad that I have her so close. My kids will have great memories of all the time they got to spend with Grandma. She is patient, loving and HILARIOUS!!
We definitely don't get to see Erik's mom as much as we would like. She works and works and works!!! She has helped run the family business for many years and keeps the family running as well. She has opened her home so generously to family and has sacrificed A LOT for her children and grandchildren. I hope she gets to rest someday!!! I give her GREAT thanks for raising such an amazing son. It has made me realize how important it is to teach Josh to WORK. It will make his wife's job easier someday!!

1 comment:
I like how Carson is eating Suzy's hair.
Post a Comment