Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Late Post


Josh's "I hate weddings" face

We had a great Memorial Day weekend and I even took a few pictures!!! I came home from youth conference on Friday and got straight to family fun. We went to a wedding lunch in Bountiful for my cousin Chris and his new wife, Shea. My kids were not as excited as they should have been, but at least we were together! We took the opportunity to visit our new nephew, Soren and his cute family while we were in town. We had some delish frozen yogurt but forgot the camera. Oh well. Thanks Darin and Elisa for giving us ANOTHER reason to come back to Bountiful!!!


Claire's "I love weddings" face


Claire & her "White Gramma"

We went to Huntington for the traditional lunch, cemetery tour and story hour. I tried to get my kids to listen this year and reminded them that Grandpa wouldn't always be there to tell them about the family, but they just went off exploring anyway. I love this day because we truly get first hand knowledge of family who has passed away. It seems to be about the same every year, but as I reflect on those who we have lost and on those of us who won't be around forever, I realize how important it is to learn our history now. You never know when it will be gone.






I also ate a brownie. It was divine.

1 comment:

Randi said...

I'm glad to see your back blogging, it was way too long of a break. Is that pic of my sister in law's sister? It looks like her little girl. Oh yeah, can I borrow your necklace sometime?