Tuesday, June 22, 2010

8 weeks - Really?


(I know, I know. I will stop tanning immediately!)

So tomorrow is the 8 week mark for the BIG DIET!!! It went by really fast and I am finally in the homestretch. I just thought I would share a few of my ups and downs for future laughs.

Hmmmm . . . Not really any ups, and the downs are too long to list. I have finally come to a few conclusions though.

First - Hoodies are not my friend. I have tossed out all my hoodies as well as any jeans that were designed for men. As much as it pains me to pay $110 for womens jeans, they look better, fit better and make me feel better. The hoodie thing is simple. When you are fat you can't hide it with clothes. You can wear things that are more flattering, but you're not fooling anyone under that jacket, girlfriend.

Second - As much as I wanted to tell myself I didn't care, I was lying. I cared every day when I tried to find something to wear. I still care, but finding stuff to wear is a little easier. Even though my loss is pretty small, I feel A MILLION times better. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I felt good again.

Third - The food thing was only a big deal for a minute. I love to eat but have found out how to eat in moderation. This revelation is no big deal to a normal human being, but I am not normal - food has always controlled my life.

Finally, crazy diets DO work. The trick is trying to maintain what you learn while you're doing it. 90% of the results of my year-long diet struggle has come from lowering my caloric intake. DUH. It really does work - even if it's because your afraid of pain or death. The motivation doesn't really matter.

So I have never been and will never be the"Skinny Girl." I can accept my body type and make it work. I will never be truly happy with it, but I am a woman, after all and we are not meant to be happy.

With only 4 weeks left until I phase back into reality, I am hoping to lose 10 more pounds which will bring me to an even 50!!! That's every greasy Big Mac pound I gained carrying my 3 lovely children. It has taken 10 years, and my body will never truly recover, but hopefully there is an exceptional plastic surgeon out there somewhere who is willing to give it a try!!!

5 comments:

suzy said...

Hurray for self control. I think you might be one step closer to heaven. I know nothing of self control or moderation. Tell me how the next four weeks go. I crapped out at week 9 of the "diet" I tried before HAwaii. But I learned a lot. And I need to start it over.

Sara said...

Way to go Kelly!

Randi said...

I'm so proud of you! You look great by the way:) And there is absolutely no sarcasm in this comment!

Kamie said...

Way to go Kelly! You look awesome and I'm so glad you're feeling better about yourself. You are and always have been beautiful! It's about time you realize this :)

patty said...

You look fab! Not that you looked un-fab before, just more fab now.