Saturday, June 13, 2009

A bright spot.

After all my complaining I thought I would find something nice to write about.

First, I have officially made Josh my slave. When summer started I whipped out the trusty chore chart which Josh did not like. He said, "Why do we have to do all the work while you just lay around?" I actually was laying down when he asked me this question, so instead of explaining to him all the things I have to do I just toyed with him. "Because that's why people have kids," I explained. "They get tired of doing all the work." (NOT FUNNY TO AN 8 YEAR OLD!)




So today after weeks of prodding from Erik, Josh learned to mow the lawn. I personally think he is wayyyy to young to be doing this, but I caught myself in this thought after remembering that I also thought he was too young to make his own sandwich and pour his own milk. It's amazing how much more laying around I can do while he makes lunch for the other kids.

Also, just a side-note , He specifically asked me where his black shorts were today. He came upstairs wearing a planned "outfit" which was ALL BLACK. I almost made him go change after picturing him in goth make-up, but I let it go. I am letting him spread his wings - like a vampire bat.


Next up, Claire is officially potty trained thanks to Hershey Kisses. I tried EVERYTHING to entice her on the potty but nothing worked. I should have known it would be food that could do it. Now she tortures me with her chocolate treat fest every hour. I have snuck some kisses just for a faint taste. Not as good as the real thing.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

If you give me hershey kisses then I'll potty train too.

patty said...

I know it sounds trite but Josh will thank you later for teaching him how to work. He might be 30 but that's OK.

Rass said...

Are you fishing for a thank you? Ok - Thanks mom.

Encore Dance said...

I'd do anything for a Hershey Kiss!! Is she going to dance now!?! j/k no pressure!