Sunday, June 28, 2009

And the winner is . . .



In a stunning move, Richfield City crowned my brother Joey "Miss Richfield." Was it his onstage presence? His quick wit? His ability to remember football quotes from the 1990's? It was all of those things and more.

While my family was playing at the lake yesterday (more on that later), mom and I drove to Richfield to watch the miss Richfield pageant. Joey was the MC and Suzy had put a lot of work in doing photos and slideshows and helping out. If you have never been to Richfield let me describe it the best I can: It is like "Pleasantville" before Reese Witherspoon skanked it up. It reminds me a little of Price if Price were a nice place. The people are kind, the grass is green, the gas station bathrooms are clean, the have a Home Depot, a Christensen's and the pots on Main street are overflowing with actual flowers, not just pictures of flowers. They have the total package for small town living.

The pageant was no different. Someone will hate me for comparing our pageants, so sorry in advance. It was such a sweet production. They actually said a PRAYER before the show began. A PRAYER. And during said prayer no one had to remove their baseball caps or cowboy hats because no one was wearing one. The decorations were tastefully done, the girls were NICE and genuine and the people in the audience were respectful. They must have an approval committee for prospective move-ins. Most of Utah has been rejected I think.

So my brother and his family somehow tricked the approval committee, got into the town and now practically run the town. After only 4 short years, my sister in law has started a thriving business that would have flopped in Price because people here "don't really get it." My brother has been named Master of Ceremonies and the pageant and is the Grand Marshall of the 4th of July parade!!! What the what????



I am totally jealous and want Joey and Suzy to know that last night was really awesome and you both did a FANTASTIC job. Especially Suzy. I have never seen a more professional presentation that the one you did last night - I really envy that you have mastered your profession.

3 comments:

suzy said...

You are so nice Kelly. Richfield is a fun place to live. I bet a paint store would do really good down here. Or a tutu stand. It was awesome that you guys came...you should have stayed to see an apostle. Oh well. Richfield really is like Pleasantville...let's see how quick we skank it up.

Rass said...

What apostle? Randi and I saw Elder Oaks at Magelby's the other night. My mouth was covered in BBQ sauce.

suzy said...

elder cook spoke last night at a fireside. his sister lives here i guess. thanks for coming. it was nice to have some family here to support us.