Monday, February 02, 2009

Losing Control


Some people like to call me a control freak. I am working hard to stop this evil practice. I am trying to let Josh pick out his own clothes - I can handle that. Ali is a different story. She is like a tiny clone of me and doesn't care about matching, hair combing, showers, etc. I am trying to save her from all of the weird things I did as a kid. So the first 2 kids will pretty much do what I say - it's almost like they like me to control them.
Then Claire comes from out of NOWHERE!!! This is a child who humiliates me every week in nursery. She will literally scream for hours if I leave her there. She has never had a babysitter other than grandparents and refuses to be punished. And the worst? I know it is normal for little girls to want to wear dresses and be princesses, but she is becoming so hard to handle. She absolutely will not leave the house unless she is wearing something gorgeous. In reality it is nightgowns and tattered dress-ups, but you know what I mean. Lately she has been adding accessories - a purse, wings, and my favorite, a disgusting black wig. I want to hide this wig in the garbage.
So where did Claire come from? I think she is a mix of Julia and someone I have yet to discover. She wants to take dance lessons and cries when Ali gets to go and she doesn't. Maybe Julia will have to accept her clone a year early. Do it Julia- because I hate it when people don't do what I say. Even when they are cute.

4 comments:

Elisa said...

That picture is hilarious!
That does sound a lot like Julia. She wore swimming suits every day and on special occasions my mom would put tights under them.

Randi said...

But its so cute!

Lori said...

OK kel, Just wanted to make you feel better about your kids. they will embarrass you the rest of your life. Tanner got kicked out of walmart the other night because he had dressed up as a ninja, was hiding up on the shelves and would jump down in front of people, do some ninja moves, and then run off to frighten someone else. I had several calls from people i know asking if that was my kid. of course, i told them "my kid would never do that, he was reading his scriptures". prepare yourself!! it just gets worse oh ya, did I mention he is 16, at six that would have been cute

Encore Dance said...

I love Claire! I totally will take her early,Tatum is taking dancing next year! J/k Clair danced for me the other day, I'm so proud of all my dancing nieces!