Tuesday, February 17, 2009

THE ZONE

I can't believe I got 10 comments on how I am "beautiful on the inside" and only 2 comments about the USA turning into a socialist country. What is wrong with you people? By the way, telling me I have "good hair" does not make me feel better. I am lucky I have something nice to cover my giant head, but let's move on.
Today was day one of my 5K training. I have decided that a 5K is lame and I shouldn't be getting overly excited. I am trying to recruit Randi because even though she looks like she could run for 3 miles, I don't think she can and that makes me feel good. What is wrong with me???

The training starts out slow and I am actually burning less calories than I do in my normal workout, but all of the training guides tell you not to skip ahead in the program, so I won't. While running for 1 minute today I wondered how long it would take me to get in the zone while running. What is "the Zone?" Well, it's a fake place you go to in your head. Every time Karra tells me about the zone, I get there too, but In my zone I am strangling her trying to explain to her that there is no zone. WIll I ever get to Karra's Zone? Maybe, but I am probably closer to getting into the Kidz Zone at Carl's Jr.

5 comments:

Randi said...

I can't run becuase I can't, I just choose not to. I don't want to embarass myself or pass out, just ask DIon. I sure if you put a Krispy Creme on a string atached to a pole on my head maybe.......

Joey said...

self loathing is the only lasting motivation. embrace the hate. punish your body for making you look retarded when you run and all those uncoordinated moments. or is that just my body? I hate you super long legs with no butt. You will pay for getting me beat up on the bus and in the halls of carbon.

p.s. the zone is like global warming. made up.

Shauntel said...

OMG, Bakerella has a 14 layer cake that I want to try so bad! I think I love that website now! It looks so fattening though. I'll make it just to try it and bring the rest to you and Kara.

Shauntel said...

I also want to see a picture of Bakerella. She's probably some teeny tiny little thing, like Suzy or Randi!

Rass said...

I want to make that cake too. It looks SOOOOO good. I'm in the zone now.