Monday, December 15, 2008


Once again my life is consumed by treats. Not eating, but making.



This morning I was on the phone with my friend Karra chit chatting about Christmas stresses, like neighbor gifts. She said. "I haven't even thought about that yet!" Meanwhile I have been burning my fingers for a week trying to make delicious treats for my friends and family. So about 8 hours after our conversation, Karra's bright smiling kids show up at my door with yummy treats, all packaged and pretty, made fresh today. WHATEVER KARRA!!!!! So I feel I am wasting my time with the candy making and may be forced to give each neighbor a liter of Sprite. It is a classic neighbor gift and much easier to make.

3 comments:

suzy said...

I think I might go the sprite route this year. And no free Christmas cards next year. I'm getting nothing else done.

Shauntel said...

I'm glad you did such a good job on the pretzels. Now I won't judge you for bringing ugly treats. They tasted really good. I hid them from my family to have them to myself.

The Nielson's said...

Jeff and I would be sad if you stopped making candy. We look forward to it every Christmas. This year I took ours and hid it so Jeff and I won't have to share it with the kids. :)