
I got Ali a cat a few months ago from the pound. He is one of those ugly orange ones that sheds a lot. On the upside he had been de-clawed and was super mellow, and the girl at the shelter promised that the shedding would stop once he got out of that cage. We brought Sammy home and Ali was so happy. Every time it was gone for more than a few hours she would cry thinking it had run away while I was smiling inside hoping it has gone off and died. So here we are, a few months later and the cat hates everyone. He runs at the sight of the kids, ignores Erik and LOVES me. I wake up in the middle of the night to his Kibbles breath in my face, he will only sleep on MY pillow, and he likes to nuzzle my feet. Didn't he get the memo that I hate cats? I dislike dogs (Just ask my $1,200 puppy, Dash who I gave to the pound after he dug up my flower bed) but there is something about cats. It's like they are on to you. They know your weaknesses. They have seen you naked.
The point is, how do I get rid of a cat when your kid loves him soooo much? I know you are all thinking I am horrible, but I have been introduced to something called "hairballs" and I literally ran into a big pile of puke today in my entryway. He just stared at me licking his lips while I cursed him to hell.

6 comments:
Kelly- I totally know how you feel. I can't even think about pets. I think they are walking germ balls. I suggest you Call Ericka and ask her about getting rid of pets. I think she get a new one about every 4-5 months and then 2 months after that they are at the pound. If you want I can "take care" of it for you when I come down this weekend. I will find it a good home.
If you are coming down you better call me - or better yet come see me at international days. I will be the loser selling snow cones.
Do I sound like the village idiot when all I can ever think to say is how much I am laughing at everything that comes out of your mouth? I really think that if you would take the time to do it, you could write a book about your life and it would sell a lot of copies.
I have heard of someone else who can "take care" of pets too....wink wink
I am with you on this one. I have never had a cat but my house has, and it took YEARS to get rid of the evidence. I never want a cat, although I won't say I will never get a cat because there could come a day....
Let me give you a bit of advice using two words...OUTSIDE cats! That's right. Mr. Kitty our hemaphrodite cat (long story) who we enjoyed for eight lovely years, hardly entered our home and he had a wonderful life finding hiding places in the yard, playing with my kids and laying in the Heugley's barn. I just can't handle the idea of a cat walking around in a litter box and then climbing on the kitchen cupboards. Eww. Think about it.
Post a Comment