
Things have not worked out well for us this summer with vacation plans, and since school is about to start I decided to take action. I forced Erik to leave work which he absolutely hates, and planned a little trip to the big city. San Diego? Dallas? Las Vegas? No. Salt Lake City, where dreams come true. When you are on a tight budget and don't want to spend a lot of time with 3 kids in the car it is the perfect destination.
I was full of surprises as we pulled into the city. We stayed at Erik's favorite Hotel, the Little America. We did not get a tower room, but hey - they are EXPENSIVE! Then I pulled out tickets to the Days of '47 Rodeo. ERik and I really enjoyed it but the kids were less than thrilled. Ali wanted a pink cowboy hat and Josh wanted to get the heck out of there. I guess the rodeo is not that exciting when you can see these animals and cowboy mustaches on your way to the grocery store. Luckily the night ended with a laser light show set to Ozzy's "I don't Wanna Stop," so Josh left on a high note. We went back to the hotel for pancakes and a horrible nights sleep.
The next day we kind of hung out and waited for the Bee's game. My parent's were staying in South Jordan and got a suite at the game. Once you have a suite at a Jazz or Bee's game, you never want to sit with the commoners again. It is so much fun. We stayed for fireworks and then back to the hotel. Once again Josh's favorite part was the fireworks set to rock music. I'm kind of scared that he may be obsessed with fire and loud music. I have to insert one thing Josh did at the game. He ran in where all the adults were talking and yelled "When number 41 gets up to bat I'm going to tell him he sucks it." It was funny, but not in front of my family. I'm sure they all went home and talked to their children about keeping away from him.

The next morning we got not so bright and early and headed to Lagoon. I thought we would last 3 hours tops, but ended up staying the whole day. Rand & Jackson came, as well as Joey & Suzy. It was nice to have someone else to hang out with while everyone went on rides. Josh went on almost every ride he was tall enough for, and Ali was content to ride with Gwen in Ladybug Village (or something). Joey and I were typical Carlson's, hanging back spending our money on un-winnable games.

Saturday we went to a family party in Copperton which is kind of a cool place. We played games and ate a lot of food and visited with family that we haven't seen since last week. Some like to call it a family reunion, Erik scoffs at this.
We came home on saturday and have been having a Rass family reunion of sorts for Mark's big homecoming. Check the good siblings blogs for reports of that. I was too tired to take pictures.

3 comments:
Haha, mini vacation. I am laughing because that is what we were calling it all weekend. And then laughing because the Rasmussens thought it was a real get away. Just joking. I was pretty bummed that our hotel had no pool though. I'll know better next time. You forgot to tell the story about Josh at Lagoon on Rattle Snake Rapids. Remember when he yelled, "Spank me! Spank me!" ?? You are officially scuzzins. Welcome to the club.
Isn't Copperton ghetto? It sure used to be! We would go there and try to get into the old Bingham High School. That was our way to really party! Whoa, look out!
BTW how did Claire do at Lagoon?
Post a Comment