Friday, January 11, 2008

Nothing new - I just want to talk.


I was talking to my sister on the phone today when an akward silence fell.
Me: Sooooooooo.
Dion: Well?
Me: What?
Dion: Don't you have some crazy drama or something that you need to tell me about?

That is when I realized that when I talk to people I probably complain and whine a lot about my life. It's actually funny because I never have anything going on, but I must be able to take a very insignificant thing and turn it into quite a story.


EXAMPLE - last week when Josh spit on a kid at school. It was such an ordeal, he had to call Erik from the principal's office. (Erik didn't answer by the way because he didn't recognize the number.) They charged him with a Number 9506 code violation and sent a very strongly worded REFERAL home for us to sign and return. Meanwhile, he is sitting in the office writing a letter to the kid he spit on, the kid who stomped on his tiny toe, telling him how sorry he was and how inconsiderate he had been.
So When he gets home I am upset because, first of all, spitting is disgusting, and secondly, that the school is teaching my 6 year old BOY to act like a WOMAN. So I told him to punch the kid next time instead of spitting and left it at that.



So that is the story I should have told my sister. I realize now that she probably waits in anticipation for my wild stories and I let her down. Dion, You're welcome.

2 comments:

DD said...

just don't let me down next time!

Encore Dance said...

why didn't they have the kid who stomped on josh's toe write him a letter? erik does eat some crazy things...grass muffins? gross!