Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I don't like tap either.


I was being silly a few weeks ago and decided to become a cliche. I am doing a FAT MELT DOWN contest with a team of five as a new year's resolution. I am by far the weakest link on the team and am finding the whole contest to be AGONIZING!!! The team leader (not an official title) is trying really hard to motivate me and has actually gotten me to work out a few times. I feel bad for her because I am a total nightmare to be around during these sessions. Today while I was on the treadmill I told her that I just wanted to eat a candy bar and she was telling me about these yummy slim fast bars that were kind of like candy bars. I was so depressed that after a shorter than usual session, I just went out to my car and cried. I just don't know how people live without Twix.

How much longer can I endure this Hell? One might ask if it is better to be fat or to be miserable. I am seriously debating this today. I will say that that the team thing is the way to go because I am so terrified that I will be the worst member that I am actually trying to keep up. Week 2 is almost in the can and we are down 20 pounds. I won't tell you what I contributed, but I will say that at least for this week I was not the weakest link. GO SLIM JIM'S. (Why is my team named after a delicious snack?)

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Kel this is great! I desperatly need someone to kick my butt into gear.
I am going to start calling you every time I eat to report and then you can tell me how I am a corroding my arteries, and ruining my insulin responce. Or you could just call me a lazy fat cow...actually that would just make me laugh.

suzy said...

Who are you doing this with?? When I cut out sugar and meat before Hawaii I felt like I would rather die. But after the first week it was a lot easier. You're pretty funny though. You made me want a twix.

Encore Dance said...

maybe i should have joined your team! i'm doing horrible! peanutbutter m&m's like every day!

Sarah said...

Shut up all of you. I hate it when skinny people complain about their "horrible" eating habits. I ate a Quarter Pounder the other day, AND LOVED IT! Dad got us KFC; LOVED IT. I ate Marcus's fries from McD's the other day; LOVED THEM! I'm actually being really good though, I take my Zantrex 3 everyday and that little white pill that sometimes makes it hard to sleep, and my Hoodia.