Monday, February 07, 2011

Just sit back and enjoy the ride



I am FORCING myself to blog right now and I am not feeling any pleasure doing it. Its all F A L L I N G apart. Ok, maybe a little dramatic, but things have been overwhelming lately.



First of all, we have the Claire factor. Whoever coined the term "The Terrible Two's" was an idiot. My kids were at their most huggable in the two's . . . then came the whiny three's . . . then the HELL FIRE fours. And here we are. She has decided to make my life difficult in a variety of ways:
Disrupting school time by climbing on her siblings desks, backs, and heads.
Becoming a clumsy daredevil. Not a good combo.
Laughing at me when I discipline her.
Telling me I am ruining her life by making her wear ugly clothes, etc . . . etc . . . etc . . .
She tried a little move on Josh tonight that sent her flying head first into a metal cart, cutting her head open. I am hoping the Hello Kitty bandaid works so we can still make it to Disneyland with food money. She is also demanding to have a bowl beside her at all times in case she needs to throw up - and no, she is not sick.

Secondly, I have somehow fallen behind in LIFE. MY schooling has become sub par in my opinion and schedules are not coming together. The sense of calmness that was filling my days has slowly turned to controlled chaos. We are settling in and the shiny newness of "learning with love" is gone.



I am also trying once again to work on home projects but am finding it difficult to complete a project. I started something in my kitchen and can see no end in sight. It looks really cool but is VERY time consuming - hopefully it will be done sometime in the Spring!



Finally, a little ray of sunshine. Joey and Suzy (mostly Suzy) welcomed a beautiful new baby boy into their family last week. I was able to drive down for the day to meet Cash Mariner and felt so happy to hold a newborn baby again. I get sad sometimes when I realize that we won't have any more coming to our family, but feel lucky to have such a big extended family with babies flying out constantly! I might have to go back just to hold him and smell his head this week.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

So glad you posted the kitchen project, it is amazing and needs to be shared.

Also glad to get the Claire report so that I can reassure myself that Bub's issues are a phase and he could someday grow out of it to be as cool as Josh.

Flied trip to Dinseyland....ahhh the perks of homeschooling!

Rass said...

Mostly the perks of a big tax return . . . I totally would have skipped school!!!

suzy said...

He started taking baths, so his head will smell so much better than last time. We might go see Joey this weekend so he doesn't have to come here...
I love your kitchen and I love that Claire is so hilarious.