Monday, February 14, 2011

It's a Love thing


We have had some good and some bad moments today. At the time of this post, I am smiling.

Here's the good part . . .
My kids are part of a "mini co-op" homeschool group. I love all the kids and the two other moms, and I like small groups so It's a perfect fit. We have been getting the kids together so they won't be "socially inept" but my kids might still have a problem.
Amy threw a great Valentine's party today that included waffles that were, in Josh's words, "AMAZING." I was also instructed by my kids to purchase English muffins and spray butter at my soonest convenience. I hate it when they discover new things! The boys like to get the school part over with quickly so they can move on to the wii. They had a great time and ate about 20 pounds of candy before noon.
Here are pics of my kids Valentines. I do not think they are extra cool, I just want to document my mothering skills for future reference.




Here comes the bad part . . .
I went to work for 2 HOURS today and when I came home the house that was clean this morning was trashed. I kicked Erik out and cried in my turkey sandwich. I was feeling like this . . .


Up again . . .
About 10 minutes ago my dear friend Megan brought me a wonderful treat that included fruit and chocolate - Perfect balance.


I hope I can end today on a high note. Eating chocolate covered strawberries while Erik vacuums and the kids sleep soundly.

3 comments:

suzy said...

The best thing going on at my house lately (besides the miracle of life) is hearing the vacuum cleaner running when I am not the one using it and going to sleep with a depressingly dirty kitchen and waking up to a spotless one. I don't know how I will readjust when Kayleigh graduates. Did that seem unrelated to your post? When you were talking about crying into your turkey sandwich I just realized how thankful I am at this baby blues time in my life to have someone clean some things.

Kamie said...

The strawberries made my day too. I was carefully rationing the ones Darin gave me. Then Megan brought me more and it released the kindness in me. I let my kids enjoy them too.
Cute Valentine cards!

AMPM said...

The valentines that you made were so cute that I hated you for a minute.