I feel good today. I had a rad weekend, (Yes I said rad) and am still running on caffeine and love. I did, however, come home to a nagging problem. A Cheetos sandwich. On white bread.
We have an ongoing drama here at dinner time - my family refuses to sync up on weekly menu plans. Every night is a struggle over what we will eat. None of them like the same foods and even though I don't make them separate meals, I have started letting them make a sandwich if they eat a little of what we are having. Claire scared me straight when she made the one pictured above for lunch today. Erik has always made his own food, so I am dealing with a children's menu here. UGHHHH!!! It feels like a never ending battle, so today I took action.

I spent three hours today preparing meals for the week. The idea is that everyone can pick a nutritious prepared entree, side dish and vegetable from the fridge and put it in the microwave. I went with A protein, a grain or starch and a vegetable for each meal. This is what I prepared:
Taco meat
Spaghetti sauce
Grilled chicken bites
Grilled steak bites
Chicken salad
Chicken meatballs
Breaded chicken strips
Shrimp
White rice
Brown rice
Plain spaghetti noodles
Sesame Noodles
Carrot sticks
Green peppers
Cauliflower & broccoli
Yams
Each item is fully cut, cooked and ready to eat. Easy enough for my kids to make on their own and easy enough for me to feel like I made dinner every night. I hope it's not annoying to share something so stupid, but when I feel good about myself I can't keep it quiet.

6 comments:
Good job to you and amazing! Kids are really picky and that you took the time to prepare all of that food and organize it in such a way is awesome. I hope they take to it for you and make things a little more easy on you. If they still put up a fuss I would not let them fix their own different thing. It is either what is in the fridge or nothing, no more cheeto sandwich. It sounds like you covered all the basics so they should be happy with something. Good luck and keep going with the home schooling. I am very interested to see how it goes. -Diedre Gray (Elisa's friend)
cheeto sandwich!!?? I'm coming to your house for dinner.
I seriously want some cheetos right now. I guess I shouldn't read your blog right before bed. I love this idea. I love the internet, so I can copy every idea you ever have! Thanks. (I'm sure I won't get around to it for awhile, so keep us posted on how it goes.)
What a great idea! I love how clean and organized your fridge is. You really are a Domestic Diva :)
Is your fridge always clean or did you clean it for this? I would rarely take a pic of our fridge and post it for everyone (all 4 people who read my blog) to see! I wish my kids enjoyed that variety of food so I could do it too. Maybe one day.
My fridge is disgusting. I was on a cleaning/cooking kick!! I need to delete a few things from this menu. Some things never got touched.
Post a Comment