Remember when you were a kid and you LOVED playing school? It was my favorite thing to do when I was little - I even thought I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up - until I realized I would have to teach KIDS!!!
I have spent the last few days trying to prepare things for homeschool. I think I have the curriculum and scheduling done, I have prepared myself for the mental torture and cabin fever, but I was having one last problem. I wasn't sure how to set it up in my home. I have heard many different ideas on how to go about it. The kitchen table was an idea I toyed with but decided I didn't want a mess upstairs. I thought about putting the kids in the cold garage where they could watch pre-recorded lessons on a small black and white TV. In the end I decided to use a room that was meant for play. I have thrown away SO MUCH crap and made a few trips to the DI to clear the area and it finally feels right.
After I finished today the kids were SOOOO excited to dive right in. They couldn't wait to decorate their own space with all of their own stuff. I am exhausted, but am very relieved that it is all done. I am kind of excited for our first day. I am taking bets on how many hours (or minutes) I can go before I run out the front door screaming. Place your bets in the comments section.

No comments:
Post a Comment