Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I could never do it . . .


"I could never do it . . . but I'm sure you'll be fine." Words I have come to dread.

I went to a school supply store yesterday looking for some stuff to start my adventure. (I typed nightmare first, but changed it to adventure.)

I think the store is meant for public school teachers, not homeschool moms. I came to this conclusion after seeing books on teaching children how to build character and respecting Islam. The woman inside was very helpful. She tried to be supportive, but kept saying things like, "I don't know how you can do it," or "My patience would run out quick."

I left with a few things I thought would help, but mostly with a bad feeling. I am not worried about the education part of this, just the togetherness part. My sweet and supportive friend Keri thinks this blog could become famous if I write about all the misadventures of my homeschooling journey. I think she is right - but I fear I might lose my children to the state in the process.

I can't wait to share this with other moms as well as CPS. 19 days till it the magic happens.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Clarification..."I couldn't do it without mood altering drugs"

You can get your hands on some right?? You'll be fine. I will be a loyal follower of the Rass home school adventures.

suzy said...

I think anyone could do it who really cared and wanted to. I am so excited for you to do this! Seriously, how unselfish are you? Your kids will always know how much you love them for doing this...I am watching QVC at midnight. I should probably stop talking before I start crying.
P.S. Your raccoon picture for Joey made me laugh out loud and really hard, all day long.