99% of the furniture in my house has been spray painted. (90% of it has been mooched or stolen.) I had an all black phase, an all white phase, and I am currently trying out color to brighten my house up a bit. I got these old doors from a secret spot that I will not reveal and knew IMMEDIATELY what I wanted to do with them.

I cleaned them off as best I could and started project #1. I did not paint these doors because I wanted to see all the scratches and scuffs. I wonder now if I should have painted them and antiqued the edges. . . Oh well. I promised Erik I wouldn't do anything crazy and shooed him off to work. (He always thinks I am going to ruin stuff so I have to lie to him when I have an idea.) This was VERY difficult because the door was SO heavy. I measured the height and laser leveled a line on the wall where I wanted to hang the door. I drilled holes in the door and . . . well, somehow I hung it up there without killing myself. I then used a cheapo bed frame I got at Costco and bolted the other door to one end somehow. IHorrible instructions, but that's how I roll.

#2 - I begged my handy neighbor to cut the top 1/4th of the door off because it was too long at its original length. I drilled a hole in each corner and drilled a long screw down into each leg. I filled the holes with wood glue and let it dry. I sanded the top down so you cant see where I drilled. This table was originally painted black, but I decided to live on the edge and go with this blue.
I think this post is funny. I should be embarrassed at how I craft or the end result but I'm not. I like my trash furniture.

2 comments:
I am so jealous that I may not be able to be your virtual friend any more.
I love both projects! Great job!
Post a Comment