
I hate when people say stuff like, "What's the deal with kids today?" But I am so serious when I ask this question - What is the deal with kids today???
Ali's birthday is coming up in two weeks. She is finally reaching adulthood - 7 YEARS OLD!!!
I told her to give me 3 ideas for her birthday gift. I told her I would pick whichever was most do-able and I wouldn't tell her which one I chose - therefore keeping it a surprise.
#1 - iPod
#2 - Nintendo DS Lite
#3 - Cell phone
I quickly explained that she needed to come up with a 4th choice. I told her to bring me back her original list in ten years. She just smiled and said, "I will just tell dad. He already said he would get me an iPod."
Why in the world does a seven year old ask for such crazy gifts?? Apparently all of her friends already have these things and she is a little behind in the tech department. Whatever happened to roller skates and ponies?
So Erik and I are not on the same page here on the iPod thing. He is against the phone and the DS Lite (because she already owns a regular DS) but is fine with a cheaper iPod. So should I ruin her birthday or let loose a little?

6 comments:
Creepy picture. Is that Miss Carbon County?
Is an ipod really that bad? I agree with Rass and the DS. No cell phone. Why doesn't she just want a doll? Maybe you could get her a boob job.
Lindsay asked for a cell phone for
Christmas. She just turned 6. I know the feeling. I want to keep them as young as possible. My girls do have an MP3 player though.
I heard a longer story about a new sister and a stepdad. Tell that one. This is suzy.
Well Kell,
If you want an old fogey's advice. I say save the ipod. What are you going to get her when she is a little older is she starts this now? Marinn is 12 and gets so much flack for not having a cell phone but her friend just got in trouble for sexting. I know the ipod is different. but anything you can do to keep them young and innocent is the way to go. It won't be popular!!
just my two cents.....
I love you Lori! I decided to get her a toy. I think she will survive!
Post a Comment